ESI Germany delivers simulation models for Germany's first 5G construction site
The construction site of the future is the focus of the joint research project "Bauen 4.0".
It is characterized by universal and cross-interface digitalization, from construction planning and construction site logistics through to networking technologies and the implementation of various automation levels on the machines. Compared to today, significant increases in productivity and efficiency can be achieved: www.verbundprojekt-bauen40.de/?lang=en.
- Duration: July 1, 2019 to July 31, 2022
- Partners: 20 companies, 5 research institutes, 5 associations
- Budget: EUR 9 million, thereof EUR 4.8 million BMBF funding
- Coordinator: TU Dresden, Chair of Fluid-Mechatronic Systems (Fluidtronics)
- Project video (in German): https://youtu.be/5s3YK4SD43g
ESI Germany pioneers the development of concepts for the efficient interaction of simulation models of construction machinery with a dynamic virtual environment. This includes both modeling workflows and the integration of environmental sensors, such as radar, lidar, or cameras. But also re-usability of such simulation models from the development phase as so-called digital twins after the machine has been commissioned as part of the considerations.
Read more about the simulation of mobile machinery: www.SimulationX.com/Mobile-Machinery